Sunday 22 August 2010

Having a go at target number one

Looking into the night, waiting and hoping.
With my newly formed list of targets to go out I thought I should make a start at cracking my goals.
It didn't take me long to pick my 1st target fish, a double figure bream from my local club lake.

The Fendrod is a medium sized water, set in the center of Swansea's Enterprise Park.
While it does offer the chance of large carp, it’s the bream I felt would give me the best chance of getting off to a flier.

So a quick over nighter was on the cards, I grabbed a bag method mix from Dan's freezer and set off with eager anticipation of the night ahead.
I arrived at 8pm, to find the water up a good couple of feet, but the rain gave me a break and I was able to set up the tent and get the rods out and fishing before another heavy shower sent me into my shelter.

The rain stopped and the wind dropped, I sat watching the water for signs of topping fish, nothing moved for more then half an hour or so, time to get my head down and grab some much needed kip.

All stayed still, not a beep on the optics and not a single sound of a fish turning over.

Without warning at 3.30 I was up and out of my bed, before me really new what was going on, the left hand rod as giving line at a rate of knots, and I thought to myself carp, I picked up the rod and lifted into a heavy wait. Feeling that fantastic thumping transmitting down through the line, down to the rod and into my arm, but this was no carp, the fight became slow and pondering and quickly a large bin lid shape was heading to the bottom of my large landing net.

Unsure of the size I left the net in the water and readied the unhooking mat and camera. On went the head torch and to my surprise there laid the biggest bream I have ever seen.
On the mat she looked huge and my knees turned to jelly, I was in ore of this fantastic fish.

On the scales they pulled past the 10lb mark and settled a further 4oz further on.

10lb 4oz, and target number one done first attempt.


WHAT A START FOR MY BLOG.

Sadly that was the last of my action, and time to pack up came all too soon, but now it's time to look at my list and pick my next target.

So until next time, see you.

No comments: