Monday 30 August 2010

Looking at my best chance of hiting my targets

After getting the bream target done and out of the nice and quickly I've decided to look at a few of my other target and decide the best places to go to give me a realistic chance of hitting them.

It's a little early in the year for a really big perch just yet, but I think I will give them a go this week. There is only one place close to home that gives me a real chance and so White Springs fishery is my first call, the old canal has perch to over 5lb and fish over two pound are plenty full, I've had half a dozen over 3lb over the last couple of years up to 3lb 12oz, but will the 4lb I crave show.... only time will tell.

Carp over 25lb is a target I feel I could hit with a little luck if I spend a little bit of time on the specimen lake, there is a good head of fish, and every year a good few 30lb plus fish are matted, so I feels it gives me a shout at hitting my target.

Wells, catfish is not something I've ever given any kind of time to, the only cat I've caught came to floating dog biscuits on a boiling hot Summers day a couple of years ago, but the catfish lake at Hazel Court Ponds in Cowbridge on the outskirts of Cardiff hold some huge fish to just shy of 70lb, so here is where I will try to pit my wits against this over sized predator.

The tench fishing in and around Swansea is not a prolific as other parts of the country, and although some places I fish do hold them over 6lb I will be needing a lot of luck to pull one of these out. So I Will have to do my homework but I will hit the 6lb mark, even if I have to travel a little for it.

Wednesday will see me out next hunting for a new P.B, depending on the weather it might be a carp or a perch, watch this space.

Until next time

2 comments:

gavin said...

nice tench down neath canal tons of them up to 6/7 lb giants grave.good luck with your targets

steve said...

thank you Gavin, will have to give it go next summer.